Saturday 23 July 2011

My favourite pancakes

I love love love these pancakes!!

Ingredients:
~ 2 cups of Plain Flour
~ 4 Eggs
~ 2 cups of Milk
~ Butter for cooking
~ Butter OR lemon for spreading
~ Sugar


  • Put the flour in a bowl making a well in the center. whisk/stir in the eggs and then the milk till it makes a thin smooth batter. If you feel you need a little more milk then put a little more milk. 
  • Heat a pan on a high heat just to heat the pan up for a couple of minutes. then turn the heat down to a lower heat and put the butter in. It may take you 2 tries to find the right heat for your pancakes to cook nicely without getting burnt. 
  • stir the butter all around the pan till the pan is covered in butter.
  • Pour the pancake mixture into the pan to the size that you would like.
  • I use a small pan and cook one pancake at a time, so when i pour the mixture in i also tilt the pan so that the batter runs to the edges o the pan.
  • When the pancake is browned nicely underneath, flip the pancake over and brown the other side. I find that my pancakes are done nicely when they are just golden brown. No need to cook more than that. 
  • Pancakes are done. now to serve on a plate and spread on butter or lemon and sprinkle sugar and roll them up like cigars and eat like a little piggy!! YUM YUM YUMMY!!!!!! 

These are better than any pancake i could ever be given anywhere. I love how i make my pancakes with the sugar and butter and i try not to eat them all the time coz i love them a little too much. LOL! ;P
I do like other pancakes with maple syrup and ice cream, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE eating these with my kids **cough** or by myself  **cough cough** ... lol ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment